I believed, even when I spoke, “I am greatly afflicted”.
We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.
Romans 5:3-4 (ESV)
- two complementary Bible verses for each day of the year
- arranged on multiple lines for readability
- on your website
- on your smartphone
- on your computer
- as screen saver
- in various Bible editions
- in several languages
- free of cost
Download and Online Services
Apps for The Word
The Word on your website
Bible Editions and Languages
English Standard Version
The English Standard Version (ESV) is an essentially literal translation of the Bible in contemporary English. Created by a team of more than 100 leading evangelical scholars and pastors, the ESV Bible emphasizes word-for-word accuracy, literary excellence, and depth of meaning. Read more at https://esv.org.
Read The Word for today from the English Standard Version.
The Word in other Languages
Can I read The Word in my favorite Bible edition?
Please contact us!
We need permission from the publisher of the Bible edition and a person supporting us in preparing the Bible verses.
Who we are
We are about twenty Christians from all over the world.
Some of us formerly published the "Watchwords" of the Moravian Church, starting in the 1990s for PCs, later for websites and mobile devices. We now use our software for our own selection of daily Bible verses.
The Idea: "Bible 2.0"
This is the idea of project "Bible 2.0":
- Christians share their knowledge of the Bible via Internet, to find complementary Bible verses,
- following the reformatory principle “Sacra scriptura sui ipsius interpres” – “Scripture explains itself”...
- ... like when I write down a cross-reference in the side margin of my Bible.
- What Christians find for one language shall also benefit readers of other languages and Bible editions.
Starting with 2018, we take the Bible verse pairs of The Word from a pool of verses collected by our team.
For Software Developers
From the Team
is a software developer by profession (Java, C++, XML) and lives with his wife in Böblingen in southern Germany. His spiritual home is the free protestant church, where he passionately preaches and makes music.
By his study of theology at Regent College (Vancouver) he discovered his love for the original languages of the Bible. In his spare time, he translates and publishes books, including a German translation of the New Testament.